Monday, March 30, 2015

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Allyson is a recent high school graduate on a tour of Europe when she meets Willem, a Dutch actor in a street Shakespeare production of Twelth Night. On a whim, she goes with him to Paris for just one day. They have a lovely, adventurous, romance-filled day. But when Allyson wakes up the next day, Willem is gone. Devastated, she goes back to the US and starts college, but the memory and mystery of Willem continues to haunt her.

At first, I didn't like Allyson that much, but as the book went on, she did grow on me. There is a sequel to Just One Day called Just One Year that I am on the wait-list for at the library.

An easy-to-read Young Adult novel that can be read in an afternoon. I was thinking of buying this for my almost 13-year-old-niece, but there is some Mature Content in it, so I'm gonna wait.

No comments: