Thursday, April 9, 2015

Wonder by R.J. Palacio

BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER, you will want a pen to write down this title!!

It's about August (or Auggie), a fifth-grader with facial deformities that startle and shock others, so much that they want to avoid him. He's been home-schooled until he starts fifth grade at a mainstream school. It's challenging for him, and challenging for his fellow students. However, they are all changed for the better by having him at school.

I loved Auggie because he is brave, funny, and honest. I also loved this story because it's about being human and being kind.

I LOVED this book. I cried twice while reading it. It touched my heart, and I hope lots of people - parents, kids, teachers, bullies, underdogs, the general population - read it!

Thanks to Nannette for recommending it! :)

No comments: