Thursday, June 25, 2015

Still Life: An Armand Gamache Mystery by Louise Penny

 Here is a book that falls under the category of "a book in a genre you don't typically read" in Modern Mrs. Darcy's 2015 Reading Challenge. I hardly ever read Mysteries and I was surprised to find myself really enjoying this one!

In a rural Canadian village, Ms. Jane Neal is found shot dead by an arrow. Was this a hunting accident? Or a murder? And why??? We are introduced to Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and his team, and all of the village people.

I thought Still Life was well-written with a nice cast of characters. And it is the first book in a series! I am considering checking out the second one. So, thanks for encouraging us to read outside of the box, Modern Mrs. Darcy! :)

By the way, Still Life was also listed on Modern Mrs. Darcy's Summer Reading Guide. So, double thanks!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I've been meaning to read Louise Penny!